Aquatic Leadership Courses Winter/Spring 2018
To register for courses, please contact the Box Office at 902-542-5500, email@example.com, or visit the Box Office in person during open hours.
Swim for Life Swimming Instructor
- $250 (includes textbook and materials)
- Saturday & Sunday April 7th/8th from 9:00am-5:00pm, and Saturday April 14th from 9:00am-1:00pm
- 100% attendance is required.
- Prerequisite: At least 15 years of age & successful completion of Bronze Cross.
- The Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor course prepares the instructor to teach and evaluate the swimming strokes and related skills found in the Lifesaving Society's Swim for Life program. Candidates acquire proven teaching methods, planning skills, and a variety of stroke development drills and correction techniques.
National Lifeguard/Standard First Aid
- Friday, Saturday, & Sunday May 4th, 5th, 6th and May 11th, 12th, 13th (Fri 5pm-9pm, Sat & Sun 9am-5pm)
- 100% attendance is required
- Prerequisite: Successful completion of Bronze Cross, must be 16 years of age
- The National Lifeguard Service (NLS) course consists of a core course dealing with lifeguarding principles and techniques, together with environment-specific items leading to certification in one of the NLS options – Pool, Waterfront, Surf, or Waterpark. National Lifeguard training builds on the fundamental skills, knowledge and values taught in the lifesaving awards of the Society to develop the practical skills and knowledge required by lifeguards. Recognized as the standard measurement of lifeguard performance in Canada, National Lifeguard education is designed to develop a sound understanding of lifeguarding principles, good judgment and a mature and responsible attitude toward the role of the lifeguard. The National Lifeguard’s primary role is the prevention of emergency situations and where this fails, the timely and effective resolution of emergencies. The National Lifeguard program is designed to prepare lifeguards to fulfill this role as professional facilitators of safe, enjoyable aquatics. National Lifeguard training is designed to develop the basic lifeguarding skills, principles and decision-making processes which will assist the lifeguard to evaluate and adapt to different aquatic facilities and emergencies.